Senior Human Resource and Operations Officer
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Full Time, 35 hours per week
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
To provide effective human resource and administrative support for smooth running of VSO Ethiopia Country Office.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
The ideal candidate should have
• First degree in Human Resource, or Management, or Public Administration or related field of sturdy,
• At least five years of professional experience working in similar role,
• In depth knowledge of full range of HRM and administration support service including systems and procedures,
• Good coordination skills- methodical and self-organized,
• Very good IT skill(Word, Outlook, Excel),
• Very good written and verbal communication skills (English),
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills,
• Attention to details,
• Flexibility to adapt, positive attitude towards change and constructive and creative approach to problem solving,
• strong team player,
• Commitment to VSO’s values.
• Experience working with INGO,
• Experience or good understanding of security, emergency, risk analysis and management.
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Application closing date
15 Sep 2019
To be confirmed
Click here to download the job description in PDF format